We hope you've had a great week! It's Friday, and today we're sharing what we've been reading online this week! Here are our "best" from around the web.
1. 23 Holiday Gift Ideas for the Salesperson in Your Life — HubSpot
Gift-giving is always a challenge — what to give that's unique and interesting, that your recipients will love? Any one of these presents is certain to bring a smile to a salesperson's face.
2. Designing a Page's Content Flow to Maximize SEO Opportunity — Moz
Controlling and improving the flow of your on-site content can actually help your SEO. What's the best way to capitalize on the opportunity present in your page design? This video covers the questions you need to ask (and answer) and the goals you should strive for.
3. Brain Hacks And Apps To Help You Remember Names, Dates, And More — Fast Company
Have trouble remembering everything you need to? Here are a few mental exercises to try, plus an app or two to fall back on in case that doesn’t work.
4. Instagram Reaches 25 Million Active Business Profiles, Shares New Business Tips — Social Media Today
Marking the new milestone, Instagram has released a range of business stats, including:
- Over 80% of accounts on Instagram follow a business.
- 200 million Instagrammers actively visit the profile of a business every day.
- Two-thirds of profile visits to businesses come from people who aren’t following that business.
In the announcement, Instagram also makes specific note of how the platform’s helping facilitate the growth of small business. Here's what you need to know.
5. 5 Ways to Focus Your Energy During a Work Crunch — Harvard Business Review
Work invariably ebbs and flows, cycling between steady states, where we feel more in control of the pace and workload, and peak periods, where the work crunch hits us hard. Unexpected setbacks, project sprints, or even vacations and holidays can create mayhem and tension. Maintaining focus and managing energy levels become critical as tasks pile onto an already full load. When you’re in your next work crunch, there are a few things you can do to focus and manage your energy more productively.