So, you have an appointment with a new prospect. That’s good. Is it clear to the prospect what you’ll be talking about, or did you sort of leave a few important details out just to get your foot in the door? After all, once they spend a little time with you, they’ll be charmed with you, right?
Just getting in front of the client isn’t enough for a sales strategy. In fact, it could actually be harmful, if you have failed to discuss and align expectations about some basic issues.
- What specifically is the purpose of the meeting?
- Is that purpose valid from the client’s point of view?
- How will you go about accomplishing that purpose?
- How long will the meeting be?
- How important is it to have no interruptions?
- Have you asked the client about their expectations for the meeting?
If these and other issues end up as surprises for your client, your client may have a few surprises for you.
Learn 7 new ideas to get quality appointments today!