It's Friday, and it's time for our Top 5 favorite news articles and industry blog posts from this week! Here are our "best" from around the web.
1. UX, Content Quality, and SEO — Moz
Just how do UX design and content quality affect your SEO ranking? This video from Moz explains how your site's user experience and content quality influence where your pages appear in the search results.
2. New Research: 2015 State of Sales — Salesforce
Today is the age of buyer sophistication, where behaviors and expectations are fueled by constant, readily-available information. What does this new normal mean for today’s sales teams? And which practices separate thriving sales leaders from those merely treading water? A new research report released by Salesforce answers those questions and more.
3. Suffering From Skills Shortages? Change The Way You Recruit — Forbes
Most hiring managers start with a focus on past experience. They require a certain amount of experience and give preference to candidates with impressive experience backgrounds. But is that the best place to start? This article suggests that companies look beyond experience to focus on talent, attitude, values, and motivations.
4. Multitasking Is Killing Your Brain — Inc.
We admire people who can seemingly do a million things at once. But is multitasking all it's cracked up to be? Research shows why focus beats out multitasking every time.
5. 4 Simple Ways to Choose the Best Blog Topics for Your Audience — HubSpot
It's tough to come up with topic ideas that you know your prospects and clients would find valuable, especially when you've written four dozen posts already. These ideas from HubSpot give you practical ways to brainstorm topics, based on what works.
This Week on the Center For Sales Strategy's Blog:
- Curiosity Killed the Cat, but Saved the Sales Rep
- 5 Ways to Nail the Needs Analysis Conversation
- Gen X is Entering the C-Suite: What It Means for Salespeople
- Wise Advice on Empathy in Sales—2,000 Years Before the Word Empathy Was Invented