These past few years have been incredibly challenging for leaders worldwide. As you take a look around your organization, have you noticed any of the following for your leadership team or your employees:
- Exhaustion: Physical, emotional, and mental exhaustion that doesn't go away after time off.
- Decreased job satisfaction: A feeling of disillusionment and negative attitude towards work.
- Decreased motivation: Loss of drive, energy, and motivation to perform tasks.
- Increased absenteeism: Taking more time off work, frequently calling in sick.
- Decreased productivity: Decline in quality and quantity of work being produced.
- Decreased engagement: Lack of enthusiasm and investment in one's job and responsibilities.
- Increased cynicism: Negative outlook and mistrust towards one's employer, coworkers, and/or job duties.
- Health problems: Physical symptoms such as headaches, sleep disturbances, and digestive issues.
If so, you are not alone. These are all symptoms of burnout.