Last month, all of us at The Center for Sales Strategy attended our annual summer company meeting. In preparation for the meeting, a small group of people were given the responsibility to bring with them a leadership quote that they really liked and that they could share with all in attendance at the meetings. The quotes were fantastic and lead to a lot of great discussion. We liked them so much that we thought we would share with you. Feel free to share this blog post and we hope you enjoy these quotes as much as we did.
12 Quotes About Leadership, from The Center for Sales Strategy's Annual Meeting
1. There are no traffic jams along extra mile. -Roger Staubach Click to Tweet!
2. Excellent firms don't believe in excellence only in constant improvement and constant change. -Tom Peters Click to Tweet!
3. There are a lot of people who touch the customer. -Roger Staubach Click to Tweet!
4. At a car dealership the seller is the hero, but if the service department doesn't service well, the customer doesn't come back. -Unknown Click to Tweet!
5. The art of wow is the springboard into driving extreme loyalty. -Janus Financial Click to Tweet!
6. Identify the wow and execute accordingly. -Stephanie Downs Click to Tweet!
7. If you don't have time to do it right when will you have time to do it over? -John Wooden Click to Tweet!
8. Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -Thomas Edison Click to Tweet!
9. Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. -Walt Disney Click to Tweet!
10. The world is changed by your example, not your opinion. -Paulo Coelho Click to Tweet!
11. And in sales, a referral is the key to the door of resistance. -Bo Bennett Click to Tweet!
12. Stop selling. Start helping. -Zig Ziglar Click to Tweet!
Are you looking for more inspiration? Sign up for the webinar this Thursday at 12PM Eastern/9AM Pacific when we discuss how your personal brand determines which prospects will call you back.