Most sales organizations would be ecstatic if they could retain 95% of their customers from year-to-year. The reality is too few come close to this high standard.
Here are 5 things you can do to deliver a 95% renewal rate:
1. Pick the best prospects. Don't waste your time on lousy prospects.
2. Clarify expectations (theirs and yours).
3. Compare results to expectations. Make adjustments. Take credit when credit is due.
4. Develop customized solutions to specific problems.
5. Deliver service by talented and skilled professionals.
Do you know your renewal rate? If it's not 95% (or higher!) do you have a sales strategy to increase your renewal rate in the upcoming year?
For more ideas on how to increase sales performance, download our Sales Performance White Paper.
Kurt Sima is a VP / Senior Consultant at The Center for Sales Strategy