When cash from new business prospects starts to flow, business problems almost magically disappear. Here are five simple steps that will modify your sales strategy and jump start your new business machine:
- Examine your list of new business prospects and eliminate all but five (only keep five that resemble your best customers).
- Aggressively pursue getting the initial meeting by using a valid business reason and making nine attempts over a three week period to get that first appointment.
- Take the time to position yourself as a business problem solver.
- Uncover a significant business problem during that first meeting. A significant business problem is a problem the customer believes is important enough that they will spend cash to make it go away.
- Engage in a robust conversation with the customer and teach them HOW to use your products to solve their problem.
Are you a HOW seller or a WHY seller? Download our HOW SELLING STEPS for more details.
Kurt Sima is a VP / Senior Consultant at The Center for Sales Strategy.