It's Friday! Hope you've had a great week, and it's time for us to share what we've been reading online this week. Here are our "best" from around the web.
1. Interviewing Salespeople? 6 Traits You Can't Compromise On — HubSpot
Hiring salespeople is a lot like qualifying a prospect. You have a position you need to fill, but if a candidate is a bad fit, it’s important to find out sooner rather than later so you can spend precious time on more promising applicants. This presentation suggests the top 6 traits that winning salespeople share.
2. 8 Mental Habits the Most Successful People Learn to Break — Inc.
Sometimes, success comes not from what you learn to do but what you learn to stop doing. This article takes a look at 8 common thought habits that negatively affect success. When you read through the list, don't be surprised if you find several all-too-familiar (I did!). The article also gives a blueprint for how to break these mental habits.
3. How to Get Content into the Hands of Influencers Who Can Help Amplify It — Moz
Every company would love to have thought leaders and influencers share their content. But few are able to make it happen. This video shares a few great targeted strategies on how to get more shares from those who have a lot of listeners.
4. Social Marketing in a Post-Millennial World — Adobe
Depending on who you ask, the earliest Millennials were born in 1980, making them roughly 22-35 as of 2015. While their purchasing power, and the resulting marketing attention, will remain strong for a while yet, the next generation is already making their presence felt. Here's what you need to know about Generation Z.
5. Make Yourself Immune to Secondhand Stress — Harvard Business Review
Let's be honest. Work life isn't always roses and rainbows. Even when you're working hard at staying positive and proactive, you can be easily influenced by the stressed-out negativity of others. Check out this set of research studies to see how secondhand stress affects us, and what we can do about it.
This Week on The Center For Sales Strategy's Blog:
- Three Simple Steps to Start Social Selling
- How to Make a Sales Lead a Better Lead
- What's the Real Cost of a Bad Hire?
- Sales is About Teaching