"Don't find fault. Find a Remedy."
- Henry Ford
- AROUND THE WEB -
<< If you only read one thing >>
War on Talent– Carson Tate
3.6 million people resigned in May alone and workers in all job categories, from customer-facing service roles to highly professional positions, are actively or passively hunting at roughly the same rate, according to a Gallup analysis. And, according to the US Labor Department, job openings reached a record 10.1 million in June as unfulfilled jobs continue to outpace unemployed workers actively seeking employment. >>> READ MORE
Even during normal times, around 57% of sales representatives miss their quota. Some common reasons for missing quota including poor lead generation, a lack of follow-up with customers, and failure to understand the full sales process from start to finish.
When the economy is in a downturn, the number of sales reps who miss quota is likely to be even higher. But there are many steps managers can take to help sales reps who missed their quota this quarter. >>> READ MORE
5 Skills All Successful Sales Leaders Share– Salesloft
What does it take to become a great sales leader? Sure, it takes hard work, experience, and the right timing. But there’s more to it than that.
There’s a required skillset, not unique to sales specifically, but widely found in the values and work ethic among sales leaders everywhere.
One such sales leader is Salesloft’s own Ollie Sharpe, VP of Revenue in EMEA, who recently spoke on the subject at SaaSGrowth 2021. Check out the video below for some of Ollie’s best tips. >>> READ MORE
5+ Ways to Better Motivate Your Salesteam – SaaStr
First, make sure at least 1 or 2 of your first 5-6 reps are making a lot of money. This sets an example for everyone. Set up a comp plan so the top 10% of your reps make COIN. An oldie but a good on that here. >>> READ MORE
How Target Personas Can Help Your Entire Sales Process – LeadG2
We often stress the importance of understanding your target personas when developing an inbound strategy. Without it, your content isn’t geared toward anyone specific, and your overall plan is without strategy. More importantly, you’re missing quality leads that you could nurture and convert into customers… that is kind of the point of this whole inbound thing, right?
So, yes, understanding your target personas is crucial to your content marketing and inbound efforts. But what we’ve found is that this valuable information doesn’t end there.
It applies to other areas of the sales process. With the insights gleaned from research, salespeople now understand more about the common needs, concerns, and questions that prospects typically have during the buying process. And, as a result, they’re able to better define their approach and needs analysis questions to help address these insights. >>>READ MORE
...And Don't Miss An Episode of Improving Sales Performance
Don’t miss another episode of the Improving Sales Performance series where Managing Partner Matt Sunshine speaks with thought leaders, experts, and industry gurus, who share their insight, tips, and knowledge on various topics that help companies improve sales performance.
- Click here to view the playlist from Season 1 where thought leaders, experts, and industry gurus share their insight, tips, and knowledge on various topics that help companies improve sales performance.
- Click here to view the playlist from Season 2 which is focused on analysis of the annual Media Sales Report; unpacking the data from the surveys to help media sales teams use these insights to drive sales performance in the year ahead.
- Click here to view the playlist from Season 3 which is focused on helping sales leaders make an IMPACT on their sales performance through insight on 4 key areas: people, process, planning, and performance.
- Click here to view the playlist from Season 4 which is focused on talking to leaders, CEOs, Executives, and authors about their businesses and how they improve revenue performance.
Subscribe to our newly-refreshed YouTube channel today!
- Don't Miss -
This Week on The Center For Sales Strategy's Blog:
- The Expert's Guide to a Successful Sales Organization Structure
- Sales Leadership Series: Scott Sutherland, SVP/Marketing Manager, Phoenix, Bonneville International
- Be The Prospect