"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
- AROUND THE WEB -
<< If you only read one thing >>
Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way – The Great Game of Business
Are you a leader?
Before you answer that question, consider … there’s a big difference between management and workplace leadership.
There are dozens – heck, hundreds – of definitions of leadership. I suggest that the following 3 skills deserve a place in any discussion of great leadership:
- Create a Vision
- Think strategically
- Inspire action
2022 Outlook: An Old School Selling Model Becomes Cutting Edge – Selling Power
In 2022, some organizations will realize they’re automating the wrong thing: a sales model that isn’t how their customers would like to engage.
Research shows that while some customers are fine with an optimized sales process with dedicated cold-caller/appointment setters, demo specialists, and closers, they also found that some customers want much more. Some welcome expert “trusted advisor” sellers. >>> READ MORE
At some point, maybe even today, you’ve wanted to change someone’s mind. Persuasion is a key skill for everyone, and it can help you in business.
In his book, The Catalyst, Wharton business school marketing professor Jonah Berger offers techniques and strategies for changing minds. One strategy seems counterintuitive, but it’s brilliant: Effective persuaders don’t tell people what to do; they encourage people to persuade themselves. >>> READ MORE
Growth. Gains. Synergy. Low hanging fruit. Expansion. Market share. Development. Value add. Did we miss any other business buzzwords?
Last we checked, these phrases are a dime a dozen and have little meaning without a strategy behind them. What is growth if you have no destination nor a path to get there?
This sentiment is true for most teams, but especially your sales team. If there is no goal, the efforts of your team may seem Sisyphean. With no way to track success or progress, sales performance and motivation may lag.
As with any team, having goals provides direction, motivation, and even a little healthy competition (and we all know sales folks can be a bit competitive!). >>> READ MORE
What makes for successful inbound marketing?
How do you get results in the form of ROI?
Creating and implementing strategies specific to your business needs and measuring them with specific goals.
The strategy should come first for any new initiative, and we've seen much too often how the lack of strategy has doomed the project to dismal results. With that in mind, we have assembled here the specific elements that must be considered and determined if you are going to have a real strategy and real success with inbound. >>>READ MORE
...And Don't Miss An Episode of Improving Sales Performance
Don’t miss another episode of the Improving Sales Performance series where Managing Partner Matt Sunshine speaks with thought leaders, experts, and industry gurus, who share their insight, tips, and knowledge on various topics that help companies improve sales performance.
- Click here to view the playlist from Season 1 where thought leaders, experts, and industry gurus share their insight, tips, and knowledge on various topics that help companies improve sales performance.
- Click here to view the playlist from Season 2 which is focused on analysis of the annual Media Sales Report; unpacking the data from the surveys to help media sales teams use these insights to drive sales performance in the year ahead.
- Click here to view the playlist from Season 3 which is focused on helping sales leaders make an IMPACT on their sales performance through insight on 4 key areas: people, process, planning, and performance.
- Click here to view the playlist from Season 4 which is focused on talking to leaders, CEOs, Executives, and authors about their businesses and how they improve revenue performance.
- Click here to view the playlist from Season 5 which is focused on celebrating women in sales. Guests are female thought leaders, experts, and industry gurus, who share their insight, tips, and knowledge on various topics that help companies improve sales performance.
- Click here to view the playlist focused on sales leadership where industry thought leaders discuss sales and executive leadership tips.
- Click here to view the playlist focused on the analysis of the 2021 Media Sales Report conducted by The Center for Sales Strategy; unpacking the data from the surveys to help media sales teams use these insights to drive sales performance in the year ahead.
Subscribe to our newly-refreshed YouTube channel today!
- Don't Miss -
This Week on The Center For Sales Strategy's Blog:
- Finding the Right Mentor
- BBQ and Business Acumen
- Minimizing Internal Roadblocks - Let Your Sellers Sell!
- 5 Greatest Needs Analysis Questions You Can Ask Any Prospect. Not.