It's Friday! Hope you've had a good week! Now it's time for us to share what we've been reading online this week. Here are our "best" from around the web.
1. Peer-to-Peer Coaching: Your New Secret Weapon — SalesForce
Peer-to-peer coaching reinforces best practices and builds a deeper level of trust with your peers. This article examines the benefits that peer-to-peer coaching can bring to sales training. Think about what would be possible if each manager finished training with an unconditional commitment to proactively coach each other.
2. The New Schools of Thought in SEO: Algorithm Chasers vs. Audience Pleasers — Relevance
It used to be that SEO was dominated by two types of marketers: white hats and black hats. Both focused on how to game the Google algorithm, but white hats did it in an above-board way. Black hats used sleazy tactics. Today, not only does black hat not work at all (it can get you serious penalties), the intelligence of the algorithm and Google's focus on user experience mean that tactics have shifted. There are still two groups of marketers, but they now fall into algorithm chasers and audience pleasers. This article digs into the details.
3. Your Best Content Asset Is Sitting Next To You: Why All Our Employees Guest Post — Inbound.org
People like to read and share posts that deliver value. We’ve long known this. And the only sustainable way to do this is by finding a consistent way to get real experts involved in your content marketing. This post explains why your employees are some of your best assets when it comes to content writers.
4. 11 Impressive B2C Campaigns That B2B Marketers Can Learn From — HubSpot
Let's face it: some of the world'd most brilliant marketers are in B2C. Here's what we can learn from them, and how we can apply their success to B2B marketing. This post looks at 11 B2C campaigns and explains why they were successful and how to translate that success to B2B.
5. A New Take on Strategic Alignment — SBI
Strategy is essential for success, but even excellent strategies can fail if leadship teams and strategies aren't aligned. This podcast explains
- How to make sure your strategy makes an impact on the field.
- Why strategic alignment is critical for success.
- How functional leaders can develop their aligned strategies.
This Week on The Center For Sales Strategy's Blog:
Sales Performance Metrics: Teams That Keep Track of the Score Are More Successful
A New Year’s Resolution That Will Increase Sales Performance