"Follow-up is not a step in the sales cycle. Follow-up is the sales cycle."
- AROUND THE WEB -
<< If you only read one thing >>
How To Beat The Great Quit: Detoxify Your Workplace Culture – The Great Game of Business
People are quitting jobs at a rate like we’ve never seen before. In what’s become known as “The Great Quit” or “The Great Resignation,” millions of workers are leaving their jobs every month. When you combine that with the flood of retiring Baby Boomers, we’re witnessing a seismic reshuffling of the work force. Even Santa Claus is in short supply.
What’s even more stunning is that this might be just the beginning. Research from Microsoft and Gallup finds that some 41% of the global workforce, and nearly 50% of employees in the U.S., are actively looking for a new job.
As many (if not most) employers now scramble to keep their existing people—let alone recruit new employees—it’s created a new emphasis on answering the question: Why are so many workers quitting? >>> READ MORE
Redefining B2B Selling in the Post-COVID World – Selling Power
According to Accenture, the new world of B2B selling requires several imperatives to survive and thrive. The first of these imperatives is to “rediscover your customer.” In this blog, we’ll explore the prevailing theme that historical customer insights are irrelevant, and how to gain real insights into what your customers want now. >>> READ MORE
In order to build and sustain a great team, you need to understand how each person’s job fits into their life goals. You need to get to know each person who reports directly to you, to have real, human relationships — relationships that change as people change.
When putting the right people in the right roles on your team, you’ll also have to challenge people in a way that will impact not just their feelings but also their income, their career growth, and their ability to get what they want out of life.
Building a team is hard. But as we’re seeing now during the Great Resignation, failure to spend time building and investing in a team can have disastrous consequences. According to research from Gallup, “One of the most disruption-proof, time-tested human needs is for development. People demand growth and development.” And in order to be successful, this means developing people on both steep and gradual growth trajectories. >>> READ MORE
16 Gift Ideas for Salespeople – CloserIQ
The holidays are here, and you’re probably wondering what gifts to buy for your sales representatives. The right gift sends a message to your employees that they are valued members of the company.
To earn the affections of your reps, consider these 16 gift ideas for salespeople. >>> READ MORE
Employee engagement directly affects business performance — and we've found proof!
There are many measurable benefits to improving your company culture and increasing employee engagement. In turn, this increase leads to higher revenue for you.
When a team of employees is engaged, people are naturally happier, and the company enjoys significant improvements in these three areas:
- Increased revenue
- Decreased employee turnover
- Improved key account retention
When employee engagement rises, these areas improve. But when employee engagement falls, these are the areas that suffer the negative impact. >>>READ MORE
...And Don't Miss An Episode of Improving Sales Performance
Don’t miss another episode of the Improving Sales Performance series where Managing Partner Matt Sunshine speaks with thought leaders, experts, and industry gurus, who share their insight, tips, and knowledge on various topics that help companies improve sales performance.
- Click here to view the playlist from Season 1 where thought leaders, experts, and industry gurus share their insight, tips, and knowledge on various topics that help companies improve sales performance.
- Click here to view the playlist from Season 2 which is focused on analysis of the annual Media Sales Report; unpacking the data from the surveys to help media sales teams use these insights to drive sales performance in the year ahead.
- Click here to view the playlist from Season 3 which is focused on helping sales leaders make an IMPACT on their sales performance through insight on 4 key areas: people, process, planning, and performance.
- Click here to view the playlist from Season 4 which is focused on talking to leaders, CEOs, Executives, and authors about their businesses and how they improve revenue performance.
- Click here to view the playlist from Season 5 which is focused on celebrating women in sales. Guests are female thought leaders, experts, and industry gurus, who share their insight, tips, and knowledge on various topics that help companies improve sales performance.
- Click here to view the playlist focused on sales leadership where industry thought leaders discuss sales and executive leadership tips.
- Click here to view the playlist focused on the analysis of the 2021 Media Sales Report conducted by The Center for Sales Strategy; unpacking the data from the surveys to help media sales teams use these insights to drive sales performance in the year ahead.
Subscribe to our newly-refreshed YouTube channel today!