"I walk slowly, but I never walk backward."
- AROUND THE WEB -
<< If you only read one thing >>
Should Business Owners Be Raising Their Prices Right Now?– The Great Game of Business
We asked the President of The Great Game of Business, Darin Bridges if he thinks business owners should be raising their prices right now. His response was, "hell, yes."
Protecting Margins Now, So You Can Fund Growth Tomorrow We've always had a saying at SRC. When the economy goes down — it's not the time to be asking for price increases. You've got to do it while the economy is going up. Everybody knows costs are going up right now — they're creeping up everywhere.
You've got to be able to protect your margins to continue to fund growth, fund your people, fund the retention, and all the things necessary to see success for your business. >>> READ MORE
Sales Faces a Hiring Crisis. How Should Leaders Respond? – Zoominfo
Sales plays an outsized role in driving growth at many organizations. Yet despite its importance, recent data suggests that sales as a profession is facing a looming hiring crisis.
Data from ZipRecruiter indicates that sales vacancy listings are reaching unprecedented highs, up 65 percent to more than 700,000 listings as of July 2021. The Wall Street Journal notes that many companies are struggling to attract new sales reps, due in part to negative perceptions of sales as an industry. This phenomenon is especially pronounced among younger people, many of whom view sales as an aggressive, volume-driven business.
So what can sales leaders do to mitigate the hiring crisis facing the industry? >>> READ MORE
A Hack for Staying Motivated When Selling – Even When You Really Don't Wanna – LinkedIn
Winston Churchill summed up the sales experience perfectly when he said, “Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”
Because isn’t that really what selling is?
Especially now, when a lot of us are selling from our homes or are separated from our teams. It’s you, on your own, trying to stay motivated, knowing that if you can just do these specific tasks over and over with a high degree of enthusiasm and a growth mindset, you will hit your number at the end of the quarter.
Easier said than done. >>> READ MORE
Rekindling cold prospects or customers whose enthusiasm has faded is tricky business. When nurtured relationships go cold, their radio silence is deafening.
As difficult as it is to revive these connections, re-engaging with cold leads is important to salvage your initial investment made to convert them to customers.
There are many reasons valuable contacts stop showing interest. The market is getting increasingly saturated, so they’re probably dealing with a competitor. Perhaps your sales prospecting wasn’t strong enough to lure them and keep them hooked.
Sometimes, no matter how much effort you have put into your customer engagement strategies, leads do become unresponsive eventually.
Regardless of the reason for their disinterest, there is a lot you can do to maximize the result of your marketing and sales tactics for re-engagement. Here are eight actionable ways to ensure cold prospects find their way back to you. >>> READ MORE
Thought leadership can be an excellent way to reinforce your brand and enhance your content marketing strategy, allowing you to leverage your expertise and build trust with your audience.
A big misconception is that thought leadership means content. Although content can be a big component, thought leadership is everything from being “in the know”, being active on social media, consistently furthering your knowledge and sharing with others, and creating and sharing content with your audience. >>> READ MORE
...And Don't Miss An Episode of Improving Sales Performance
Don’t miss another episode of the Improving Sales Performance series where Managing Partner Matt Sunshine speaks with thought leaders, experts, and industry gurus, who share their insight, tips, and knowledge on various topics that help companies improve sales performance.
- Click here to view the playlist from Season 1 where thought leaders, experts, and industry gurus share their insight, tips, and knowledge on various topics that help companies improve sales performance.
- Click here to view the playlist from Season 2 which is focused on analysis of the annual Media Sales Report; unpacking the data from the surveys to help media sales teams use these insights to drive sales performance in the year ahead.
- Click here to view the playlist from Season 3 which is focused on helping sales leaders make an IMPACT on their sales performance through insight on 4 key areas: people, process, planning, and performance.
- Click here to view the playlist from Season 4 which is focused on talking to leaders, CEOs, Executives, and authors about their businesses and how they improve revenue performance.
- Click here to view the playlist from Season 5 which is focused on celebrating women in sales. Guests are female thought leaders, experts, and industry gurus, who share their insight, tips, and knowledge on various topics that help companies improve sales performance.
- Click here to view the playlist focused on sales leadership where industry thought leaders discuss sales and executive leadership tips.
- Click here to view the playlist focused on the analysis of the 2021 Media Sales Report conducted by The Center for Sales Strategy; unpacking the data from the surveys to help media sales teams use these insights to drive sales performance in the year ahead.
Subscribe to our newly-refreshed YouTube channel today!
- Don't Miss -
This Week on The Center For Sales Strategy's Blog:
- Sales Pipeline vs Sales funnel: Do You Know the Difference?
- 4 Reasons for Restructuring Your Sales Team
- The Center for Sales Strategy Recognizes the Recent Class of Talent Superhero Winners
- There's a Huge Difference Between Hiring and Recruiting