"Expect the best, prepare for the worst, capitalize on what comes."
- Zig Ziglar
- AROUND THE WEB -
<< If you only read one thing >>
How Do You Get Stuff Done Without Telling People What to Do? – Radical Candor
Certainly part of why Steve Jobs “always got it right” was that he was a genius. You can’t operationalize or imitate genius. But genius was only part of the story; there are plenty of geniuses with brilliant ideas who can’t turn them into anything tangible. More important than genius was the way, Steve led people at Apple to execute so flawlessly without telling them what to do.
This leads to important questions: how did everyone in the company decide what to do? How did strategy and goals get set? How did the cultures at these two companies, so strong and so different, develop? >>> READ MORE
Remote working is fast becoming an established norm in 2021.
From start-up companies leveraging technology to benefit their staffers and freelancers with ‘anytime, anywhere working’ from their inception to more established corporates making the transition to increasing numbers of remote teams, to accommodate the needs of employee’s seeking to harness greater work, life balance.
This coupled with an ‘on-demand’ economy, has resulted in greater numbers of freelancers and contractors in the workplace than ever before, according to a report by freelance on-demand talent platform Upwork. >>> READ MORE
15 Essential Sales Skills and Qualities, According to Experts– Zendesk
The pressure is on as a sales professional. You must keep up with constant changes in buyer behavior while connecting with potential customers, nurturing leads, and closing deals—all in hopes of hitting your sales targets. Handling so many tasks at once certainly isn’t easy, but you can thrive with the right set of sales skills and qualities in your arsenal.
If you want to learn how to be a better sales rep, start by mastering these essential selling skills. You’ll be better equipped to build effective sales relationships and close more deals. >>> READ MORE
How to Best Prepare for a Virtual Sales Call (And Mistakes to Avoid) – LinkedIn
Virtual selling might offer a lot of conveniences and efficiencies, but that doesn’t mean salespeople should sacrifice thoughtful preparation, cautions veteran sales trainer Niraj Kapur.
“The biggest mistake I see people making in virtual selling is often the lack of effort,” Kapur said. “If you imagine going to see a client face to face, you get changed properly, you have a shower ... Yet so many people I speak to, whether they're attending a networking event, or I'm doing team training, it looks like they've just woken up 10 minutes beforehand.”
The best-selling author and Managing Director of Everybody Works in Sales is a believer in the hybrid future for B2B sales, but said preparation and presentation will matter as much as ever. >>> READ MORE
Sales meetings are crucial to a sales team’s success … when done properly. But a poorly-run, disorganized meeting isn’t just inconvenient — it’s a waste of everyone’s time.
Over my career, I’ve learned how to run productive sales meetings that last 20 minutes — no longer. My system lets us cover all the bases without spending too much time on a single agenda item. >>>READ MORE
...And Don't Miss An Episode of Improving Sales Performance
Don’t miss another episode of the Improving Sales Performance series where Managing Partner Matt Sunshine speaks with thought leaders, experts, and industry gurus, who share their insight, tips, and knowledge on various topics that help companies improve sales performance.
- Click here to view the playlist from Season 1 where thought leaders, experts, and industry gurus share their insight, tips, and knowledge on various topics that help companies improve sales performance.
- Click here to view the playlist from Season 2 which is focused on analysis of the annual Media Sales Report; unpacking the data from the surveys to help media sales teams use these insights to drive sales performance in the year ahead.
- Click here to view the playlist from Season 3 which is focused on helping sales leaders make an IMPACT on their sales performance through insight on 4 key areas: people, process, planning, and performance.
- Click here to view the playlist from Season 4 which is focused on talking to leaders, CEOs, Executives, and authors about their businesses and how they improve revenue performance.
- Click here to view the playlist from Season 5 which is focused on celebrating women in sales. Guests are female thought leaders, experts, and industry gurus, who share their insight, tips, and knowledge on various topics that help companies improve sales performance.
- Click here to view the playlist from Season 6 which focused on sales leadership where industry thought leaders discuss sales and executive leadership tips.
Subscribe to our newly-refreshed YouTube channel today!
- Don't Miss -
This Week on The Center For Sales Strategy's Blog:
- 5 Mistakes Businesses Make When It Comes to Virtual Sales Meetings
- Fixed Mindset vs Growth Mindset in Sales
- #WomenInSales Month with Guests Jaleigh Long and Katie Reid
- 5 Ways Automation Enables Deeper Relationships Between Prospects and Salespeople