What do you consider the greatest job in the world?
Maybe I'm biased, but I'm convinced I have that job. Why? Here’s what I do every day:
- Talk with people who are actively engaged in sharing important information with me
- Figure out what makes those people “tick”
- Work with sales managers to understand the talents of the people they are interviewing
- Help them to hire the very best people for the job
- Focus on the unique strengths of individuals
- And, help managers to coach their direct reports to become wildly successful
And best of all, I have the privilege of working closely with some of the greatest managers out there. After all these years, I can tell you that there are 15 things that every great manager knows.